What is Nembutal?
Pentobarbital, also known as pentobarbitone, is a short-acting barbiturate. In high doses, pentobarbital causes death by respiratory arrest. In the United States, the drug has been used for executions of convicted criminals. Lundbeck (one of many manufacturers) does not permit its sale to prisons or corrections departments to carry out the death penalty. Abbott Pharmaceuticals‘ brand of pentobarbital, Nembutal, which was available in 50 and 100 mg yellow capsules, was discontinued in 1999. Prescribed for insomnia, it has been largely replaced by the benzodiazepine family of drugs. Nembutal was widely abused and known on the streets as “yellow jackets” due to their yellow capsule. Pentobarbital in pill form is no longer available. The death of Marilyn Monroe in 1962 was ruled as probable suicide due to an overdose of Nembutal. Kenneth Halliwell‘s death is also attributed to an overdose of Nembutal.
Can you buy Nembutal?
In cases when someone is not aware of the purchase Nembutal capsules of this class of drugs for medical purposes it is called under-prescribing. They are available for sale at a pharmacy or drugstore, which can not only buy those medicines but some others too (such as vitamins and supplements).
Nembutal is available in two dosage strengths. There is a 50 mg pill and a 100 mg pill. Nembutal sodium 50 mg is orange and white. Nembutal 100 mg is yellow. Nembutal 50 mg is imprinted with “CF.” Nembutal 100 mg is imprinted with an “A” and a “CH.” Nembutal can also be injected when it is in a liquid form. That’s why the capsule forms are specifically referred to as Nembutal sodium and the injectable form is Nembutal sodium solution. Read more
Can I buy pentobarbital? Pentobarbital is readily available without prescription on the Internet. Although there is little public awareness about this drug, current mediatisation of assisted-suicide could lead to an increased interest from suicide at-tempters. contact us
Is Nembutal Addictive?
Because Nembutal is a barbiturate, it is considered to be very addictive. These drugs are non-selective activators of GABA receptors in the brain. GABA is a neurotransmitter that calms brain activity. When someone uses Nembutal, it can make them feel relaxed, very drowsy, and it is also possible that they experience pleasant feelings or a sense of euphoria. These desirable effects can contribute to a reward response in the brain, leading to dependence and addiction. In the 1950s, the highly addictive properties of barbiturates began to surface. As a result, doctors prescribed less of them and replaced their use with safer benzodiazepine drugs.
Effects of Nembutal Abuse
Abuse of Nembutal can result in:
- Similar effects that occur with intoxication to alcohol, such as slow and slurred speech; problems with motor coordination; a shuffling or staggering gate; problems with balance; decreases in breathing rate, heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature; slowed rate of thought; problems with reasoning and logic; aggression; sedation and lethargy; and unconsciousness and/or coma About Nembutal
- The development of physical dependence (having both tolerance and withdrawal)
- The development of a sedative, hypnotic, or anxiolytic use disorder, a specific substance use disorder identified in the American Psychiatric Association’s (APA) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – Fifth Edition
- Long-term effects that can include significant issues with one’s respiratory system (as a result of chronic respiratory suppression), cardiovascular system, and liver as well as and potential damage to the central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord)
- Damage to the brain that can result in cognitive problems, such as issues with attention, memory, and reasoning, or the development of long-term emotional issues, including depression, anxiety, and even psychosis Visit more